November 6, 2019
PGA TOUR encourages parents and guardians to spend time with their children online, and to be fully familiar with the sites visited by the children in their care, including the Site. The Site is not intended for use by people under the age of thirteen (13). Subscribers under the age of eighteen (18) should not participate in contests or sweepstakes or other promotional opportunities on the Site, nor should they post information to the Site without a parent or guardian’s consent.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
(a) Your Personal Information. On the Site, you may be able to subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters or contact us. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect various forms of personal information from you. Examples of the types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at these pages include:
- Contact information (e.g., name, address, e-mail address, telephone number)
- Username & password
- Age, gender and other demographic information
- Information about your interests in and use of various products, programs and services
- Financial information such as credit card number
- Details of how you heard about the Site
If functionality is available, registering a profile or participation in surveys or contests is completely voluntary. Therefore, you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Where this information is required for participation and you choose to participate, you hereby give consent for the collection of personal information.
When you visit our Site, we, our service providers, advertisers and partners may automatically collect various types of information about your device and your internet activity. A representative list of this type of information that we may collect include:
- IP address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T)
- Web pages/Sites you have visited
- Type of mobile device used to view the Site & device identifier location information
- Site content you have accessed & the advertisements you have been shown and/or clicked on
We store this data in log files that do not directly identify individual users. We use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
(b) Others’ Personal Information. You may also be able to submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s e-mail address to sign them up for newsletters. Examples of the types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people at these pages include: recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may use this information to provide the service you requested, and the person may contact us if they no longer want us to use his or her information.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION.
(a) Use of Your Information. We may use the information we collect for various purposes, which are either based on: (i) your consent (which can be withdrawn at any time), (ii) in order for us to fulfill a contractual obligation or agreement with you, (iii) it is based on our legitimate interests (and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests), or (iv) to comply with legal obligation. Examples include:
- Fulfilling your requests for our products, programs, and services: We use your information in this way on the basis that it is necessary for us to perform our agreement with you;
- Responding to your inquiries about our offerings and offering you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you; We use your information in this way on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests to respond to you and to provide you with offers based on our past experience with each other;
- Notifying you when you have won one of our contests: We use your information in this way on the basis that it is necessary for us to perform our agreement with you (i.e. the terms and conditions of the contest) and in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- Enforcing the legal terms that govern your use of our Site: We use your information in this way in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- Contacting you about your account with us: We use your information in this way on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in protecting the Site and services we provide;
- Targeted advertising based on your interests: We give you the option of providing opt-in consent to receive different kinds of direct marketing communications from us or these third parties or deciding not to do so. You may also receive targeted advertisements based on your interests, to opt out of these services see Section 5 (c) of this policy; and
- For other purposes for which you provided the information: We use your information in this way on the basis of your consent.
There are additional areas where your information allows for deeper connections for you and our community as well as provide us more insight about our products and services. These include:
Surveys & Polls: We use this information to learn more about specific users and the user experience on the site as well as attending our events. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or polls; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personal information for any other purpose. The use of your information in this way in on the basis of your consent.
We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Sites, to deliver more relevant marketing messages and advertisements and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information to analyze usage of our Sites, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
(b) Use of Information about Others. We may use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them your gifts or cards or emails you may wish to send them from our sites, and for such other purposes as may be stated at the point where the information is collected.
(c) Limitation on Use of Information. We collect data for only purposes that are necessary, required or will enhance the user experience. Your personal information will only be retained for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE.
(b) Business Transfer. We may transfer personally identifiable information about you if we, or one of our business units, are acquired by, sold to, merged with or otherwise transferred to another entity
Additionally, if you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from the Site, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Site. To provide visitors with additional or more relevant product and service opportunities, we may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
We may share your geo-location data with third parties for the purpose of them serving you ads for places or things in your area. You may opt out of location-based services at any time by editing your settings at the device level.
4. COOKIES & WEB BEACONS.
(a) Cookies and Their Function. To enhance your online experience, we use “cookies” or similar technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information; however, once you choose to furnish a site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
(b) Flash Cookies. The Adobe Flash Player is an application and web tool that allows rapid development of highly dynamic content. Our Sites may employ locally stored objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash cookies”) in certain situations where we use Flash to provide special content such as video on demand, video clips or animation. Flash (and similar applications) uses this technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser. You can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website directly.
(c) Web Beacons. We, our third-party service providers, or our partners may also use “web beacons” or clear .gifs, tags and scripts, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We, our third-party service providers, and our partners, with our permission, may share this data with third parties for purposes of third parties offering targeted advertisements and other marketing to you.
(e) Do Not Track. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. However, in respect of our users’ right to privacy, we provide the option to block cookies as outlined in Section 4(d) above.
5. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY SITES, AD SERVERS, AND SPONSORS.
Some of our sites contain links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, etc., whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.
7. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Sites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CORRECT INFORMATION.
Access to personally identifiable information that is collected from our Site and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our site, you can access that account to review the information you provided.
You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to, deletion of, correction of or transfer of your personally identifiable information. For verification purposes please include your first name, last name, and e-mail address you use for such service. We will endeavor to respond to your request to access within 30 days.
Savannah Golf Championship
71 Green Island Road
Savannah, Georgia 31411
9. HOW TO CONTACT US.
10. UPDATES & EFFECTIVE DATE.